SD (Secure Digital) card is a compact device that uses flash memory to store different types of files including pictures, videos, audios, etc. This storage medium can be used in many portable devices such as digital cameras, handheld consoles, smartphones, audio and video players, etc. Different types of SD cards such as SD, SDXC, SDHC, are available nowadays that differs considerably in storage capacity, data transfer rate, design, etc.
Even though SD cards are one of the most convenient medium for strong photos on portable devices, the photos stored on as SD card may get deleted or lost due to various reasons. The recovery of photos from SD card is not a demanding job also. SD card Photo Recovery software is a well-designed tool for recovering lost or deleted photos from an SD card. The powerful scanning engine of this software is capable of performing a deep level scan on SD card to locate deleted or lost pictures.
Factors Influencing Deletion or Loss of SD Card Photos
- Accidental Deletion: Sometimes while removing unwanted pictures, some of the important pictures may also get deleted as well. Choosing ‘Delete all’ option on the camera while previewing photos on it can also result in accidental deletion.
- Unintentional Formatting: All photos stored in an SD card can get erased due to a mistakenly selected formatting option.
- System Shutdown: While performing a data transfer between an SD card and a computer, computer can restart unexpectedly due to power surge. This may result in the loss of photos being transferred.
- Improper Handling of SD Card: Abrupt removal of SD card from digital camera while taking photos may get result in the inaccessibility of SD card photos.
- Use under Different Platforms: Use of same SD card under different file systems can also result in the inaccessibility of photos.
- Virus Infection: Suppose some files stored on an SD card is virus infected. The memory card is connecting to a computer having an updated Antivirus software. Then, the Antivirus software can delete those files or prompt users to delete those.
Characteristics of this Software
- SD Card Photo Recovery software is powered with an advanced scanning algorithm which is capable of locating and recovering deleted or lost photos with utmost ease.
- Users can easily recover pictures from SD card of different brands such as Moser Baer, Sony, Transcend, Toshiba, Kingston, Lexar, SanDisk, Lexar etc.
- SD Card Photo Recovery software can be used for recovering digital RAW images produced by different brands such as Sanyo, GoPro, Minolta, Olympus, Casio, Kodak, Nikon, Canon, Sony, Samsung, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Pentax, etc.
- One can restore photos from SD card coming under different image formats such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, GIF, BMP, TIF, JPG, and so on.
- This tool supports the recovery of files on different operating system versions of Windows and Mac including Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Mavericks and Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- A nominal disk space of 50 MB is only required for installation of this software for retrieving photos from SD card.