Microsoft Outlook stores emails, contacts, tasks, journals, calendars and all other folders in the PST file on your system hard drive. The main problem with this is, PST files are more susceptible to corruption that results in loss of all the files stored on it. It may happen due to the corruption if the header files corruption which can be caused by improper or incomplete upgrade of MS Outlook. Suppose when you are upgrading MS Outlook, you left the process incomplete, this has caused on account of any errors on the system. This situation will result in corruption of PST file header on the MS Outlook. Generally Scanpst.exe can be used to repair the corrupted PST file. Sometimes, it may fail to fix those corruption issues if the files are corrupted severely. When you are not able to repair the corrupted PST files by using Scanpst.exe then it is recommended to use the best Outlook PST repair tool.
What happens when the PST file gets corrupted?
When you experience any of the above mentioned scenarios then your Outlook will report an error message and refuses to open the PST file. The common error messages like PST file cannot be accessed- 0×80040116, unknown error has occurred- 0×80040119, Outlook PST file has reached its maximum size, etc. In fact these error messages will helps to analyze the cause for the corruption of PST file.
Causes for the corruption of the PST file
- Improper closing of the MS Outlook while it is still in process or finalizing an unsaved data to the PST file.
- Corruption of PST files due to viruses or other malware software.
- Sharing the PST file over the network.
- Corruption due to the impact of the third party applications.
- Many of you prefer to compact the PST file to make optimal use of memory space. Sometimes if this process is not completed in a proper way then the PST file gets corrupted.
- Header of Outlook PST file holds the information like file name, file size, lat modification, file format, etc, if this header gets corrupted then the complete Outlook will be in inaccessible state.
Tips to avoid corruption of PST file
- Always keep your system updated with the latest antivirus software program, as it prevents the PST from getting corrupt due to virus infection.
- Avoid improper shut down of the system when the Outlook is running. If you find any power outage regularly then use UPS to avoid such cases.
- Don’t share PST file over the network.
Key features of this PST repair tool
This software effortlessly repairs and recovers corrupted, damaged or deleted PST files of MS Outlook. It has an ability to repair oversized Outlook PST files when it reaches more than its storage capacity. By using this tool you can repair most PST files that cannot be repaired using inbox repair tool provided with Outlook i.e. Scanpst.exe. PST repair tool is specially designed to fix damaged PST file without any difficulty.
Just download the free demo version of this PST repair tool from the internet. Install it in your system and evaluate its efficiency. But this free version will not allow you to save all those repaired PST file. You have to purchase its licensed version to store all those repaired PST files.